How Much Does It Cost To Wrap A Car? Wrapping a car has been increasingly trendy in recent years. A wrap can not only radically change the appearance of your automobile, but it can also provide adequate, long-term protection for the paint and surface of your vehicle. Chips and blemishes are common with everyday driving and exposure to the outdoors, and these stylish-yet-protective coverings can help prevent them.
Before installing a wrap, the car must be thoroughly inspected for damage to the original paint. The vinyl wrap does not effectively cling to a damaged surface, making a clean, proper installation difficult (or impossible). An ideal surface is required for the vinyl wrap to grasp and form-fit successfully. Before putting a vinyl wrap, a car must be thoroughly cleaned to remove dust, dirt, and grime.
Cost Of Wrapping A Car
The labor-intensive nature of the procedure results in most of the costs incurred. The following estimates are for the simplest and most basic wrap applications. For example, a Tesla’s smooth, flat, and basic exterior design makes it one of the easiest automobiles to wrap. Adding enhancements like specialty vinyl, bespoke designs, and wheel wrapping raises the price.
Here are the average basic prices for a professional car wrap.
- Compact car or coupe: Prices vary depending on design, but start around $2,000.
- Family sedan: The average family sedan would run you about $3,000.
- Compact crossover: Most compact crossover vehicles start at around $3,500.
- Full-size SUV: A Full-size SUV is likely to start at about $4,000.
- Luxury sports car: Starting at about $5,000, expensive luxury vehicles can reach as high as $10,000+. For example, a Ferrari wrap would cost the owner roughly $7,000, according to experts.
Does Insurance Cover Damaged Car Wraps?
If a car is covered by comprehensive insurance, the vinyl wrap should be included in the overall value of the vehicle. That vinyl wrap protected by insurance, like the rest of your automobile, will be restored or replaced by the insurance company if the accident that damaged it was not your fault.
Get Comprehensive Car Insurance for Your Vehicle